Our Grant Jacob is one of a kind! He is funny, sweet, and adorable. But he is also precious and rotten at the same time. He can go from being the happiest kid in the world to the saddest child ever. Grant is into his temper fits and he makes it very clear when he is unhappy. I know this is all part of being "2 years old"(almost) and part of learning and growing up. I also know it can be frustrating when Grant can't communicate exactly how he would like because of limited word use(verbally). And, I know it is tough because he has a big brother that isn't always the most understanding on why Grant keeps taking his toys and knocking down his towers and trying to "help" him do puzzles and read books. It is all part of this tough learning process. Grant has even put himself in "timeout".....or "on the rug" when I tell him "no" and ask if he needs to "sit down?" He will go to the rug, lay down, and cry. So sad really. This whole "time out" thing is new with me because we didn't really use it with Garrett. We were lucky and Garrett didn't have an awful "terrible twos" phase. So, I am pretty sure Grant is making up for that:) However, I have to say that Grant has learned so much from Garrett and does pretty well with keeping up with him and his older cousins.
Grant is a dare devil, doesn't really know a stranger, and has become more of a Momma's boy since I have been home with him this summer. He says lots of words and is able to put 2 or 3 words together. Grant can identify some colors, most animals, and even a few letters and numbers. He LOVES to read "bookies" and would do it all day long if we could. He loves to run and he is quite the little mocker(both actions and words)! It is adorable when he "sings his ABC's", does the actions for songs and nursery rhymes, and says "AMEN" and folds his hands every time he sees a cross or when it is time to pray. So sweet!
Like I said, he is ONE OF A KIND.....and I wouldn't have him any other way!
Love you Grant Jacob~ Pork chop~ Chunky Monkey~
 |
| Another haircut! |
 |
| Love this face...........SO SWEET! |
 |
| Can you believe something that looks so sweet can be so rotten at times?? |
 |
Granty and one of his all time favorite friends, MOCHA!
He LOVES LOVES LOVES Mocha:) |
 |
Grant with Mommy's pj pants.....yep, he uses them as his blanky!
|
 |
| Looking out the window.....we are in a car wash! |
No comments:
Post a Comment