Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Bible School (St. Theresa 2011)

This summer, Garrett attended Bible School at our church, St. Theresa. It lasted five days and went from 8:30-11:30am.  There were about 40(ish) kids that were a part of the Bible School week and Garrett was probably the youngest. Because I stayed and volunteered through the week, I was able to take some pictures of Garrett while he was with his "Tribe" and participating in the different activities.  The theme was "Hometown Nazareth, Where Jesus was a Kid".  I bought the music cd from the program and Garrett and Grant both love listening to it in the van.  Of course, when it was time to sing and do the actions with the music at Bible School, Garrett pretty much stood and took everything in.  But, in the van, he sings every word and does all the motions......typical Garrett:)  Garrett made a buddy this week too. His name is Ryan and he is a 7th grader at St. Theresa.  Ryan was one of the tribe helpers and he kind of took Bub under his wing and just looked out for him all week. I was so appreciative of that.  Garrett talked about Ryan a lot that week and still will every once in a while.  He came home with a number of crafts, newly learned songs, and memories.  My baby boy is growing up......


Garrett and Ryan.............fishing, just like Jesus did when he was a kid

Sitting with his tribe

Snack time

Writing with ink

Digging for treasures

Garrett's tribe working together


Garrett is in the middle
Playing "Duck, duck, goose"

Garrett's turn!
1st time playing this game!

Ryan helped Bub build with Lincoln logs

Gathering together to pray/sing

Garrett and his buddy, Ryan have almost matching shoes

Large group singing/dancing

Eating a banana
Saying "I got it, I got it......I don't got it"  Quoted from THE CHIPMUNKS

Ryan and Garrett at the weaving area

More fishing......he loved it there!

Running outside
Garrett following Ryan

Running outside
Ryan following Garrett

Bub was blind folded......they were playing a game outside

More outside games

The laughing game

Listening to Mary's stories about Jesus and when He was a child

Garrett's tribe with MARY

Painting his rock

Doing some carpentry......just like Jesus did when he was growing up

LOVE the tongue out:)

End of the week, TRIBE chant

Grant came with Memaw at the end of the last day and caught a few songs

Mocking the other kids and their motions

Dancing and laughing............typical Grant!

THE END:)

No comments: