My big boy has grown into just that...a big boy! I love to watch him grow, learn, and change. But, as proud as I am of him; it also makes me sad too. Time passes so fast and I am trying to cherish every moment. He is nearing his 3rd birthday and he has helped make these last 3 years absolutely wonderful.
Garrett can sometimes make me "crazy" when it comes to listening or playing gently/sharing with is little brother, but at the same time, he makes me laugh everyday. The way his little brain works just amazes me. I have always referred to him as my little sponge and that is what he continues to be. He has a marvelous memory, he is very inquisitive, and his independence(for certain things) helps him to grow. We do let him watch TV and some of his favorites are Bob the Builder, Thomas, Fireman Sam, Nursery Rhymes, and Backyardigans is still hanging on(but barely). It is quite impressive how much he has learned from these shows and he teaches me the names of all the characters, trains, trucks, etc. If there is a character neither of us know, he requests that I look it up on the "puter", better known as the computer. Garrett can operate IPhones better than me(which doesn't really say much). But, he knows how to get to certain applications, look at pictures, play games, and watch videos all by himself!
My child is far from perfect, but I appreciate and adore the manners he uses quite regularly. He reminds us to say our prayers if we start to eat and have not said them yet. At bedtime, he says his prayers and thanks God for his Mommy, Daddy, Grant and Garrett and then for his whole family....so sweet!
He is completely potty trained and has been for sometime, but each day when I get home from work, he still gets excited to tell me that he "went potty!" Garrett loves cars and trains and could play with them all day, everyday. He knows "M" is for Momma, "D" is for Dadda, "G" is Garrett and Grant, "P" is for Papa, and many more. Garrett has always been a climber and still is. He can be quite the dare devil. He acts shy sometimes and his belly button and finger nails give him comfort when he feels uncomfortable. Garrett talks about his friends often and loves his cousins so much. With some of his favorite books, I can read the first few words of the sentence and he will finish it. When we ask Garrett if he is ready to leave(wherever we may be), he often says, "I'm almost ready". If it is time to eat or go potty or something he is not interested in doing right then, he will suggest, "I will do it tomorrow."
Garrett Loyd, I love you just the way you are:)
 |
No comments:
Post a Comment