Thursday, December 16, 2010

CIRCUS

 The circus comes to town every Thanksgiving. I hadn't been in years, so this year I decided I would take Garrett since Kevin had zero interest in going. He volunteered to keep Grant. We made plans(kind of like a Mommy/oldest child date) with 3 of Garrett's friends; his cousin Kiley, Madison, and Dominic to go to the circus.  Garrett talked about the circus for days and was so excited to go see the animals, motorcycles, elephants, clowns, tigers, etc. Unfortunately, the day of the circus, Garrett woke up from a late afternoon nap not feeling well. He was coughing and crying and down right miserable. So, needless to say, the circus was out of the plans for Bub. Kevin stayed home with Garrett and I decided to take Grant to the circus. I wasn't quite sure what to expect because the circus is pretty long.  But, to my surprise, Grant did wonderful! He loved the lights, animals and all the commotion. We stayed the entire show and Memaw, Papa, and Aunt Andi ended up meeting us there with Lilly and Luke.  I did even tear up a few times during the circus because I knew Garrett would have loved it and it was sad he couldn't be there. Bub still asks about the circus every once in awhile. I explained to him that he was sick and he couldn't go. I promised him we would go next year. And, since Grant loved it, looks like Daddy will be going along with us:)

ELEPHANTS

Watching with Papa


YAY!!! He was yelling for something:)

Mommy and Grant at the circus

Luke, Lilly, and Grant
CIRCUS 2010

No comments: