Monday, March 19, 2012

~Sweetheart Dance~


I remember being in high school and going to Valentine Day dances, but the Sweetheart Dance I went to this year has been my favorite by far!! Garrett and I had a date to the Sweetheart Dance at our school. Boys took their Mommies and girls took their Daddies. It was a lot of fun and so sweet. Originally, Garrett didn't want to go............or if he did go, he suggested he would just take Daddy. I told him I HAD to go because I am a teacher there, so I would be going whether I went as his "date" or not.  Bub did not intend to sound mean, he is just going through this stage of "boys and girls/boyfriends and girlfriends/princesses and princes/playing house/etc." all are too weird for him.  If I ask him about girls in his class, he gets all funny and can barely talk about them.  His cousin, Kiley, loves to make believe and she will insist they pretend to play house where Garrett is the Daddy and she is the Mommy or she wants to be the princess and Garrett is the prince..............freaks Garrett out:) He tells me over and over, "Mommy, we are just pretending." 
Anyhow, back to the Sweetheart Dance. Garrett finally decided he would go, but he didn't want to dance with me. He said he would dance with his friends and I could sit at the table. DEAL! My sister had a boutonniere and corsage made for Bub and I . Garrett looked handsome and I was lucky to have his as my date! We had a great time. We enjoyed the wonderful company, tasty food, and DANCING too. He danced with me.......even the slow songs! It was a memory I will never forget and I can't wait to do it again next year:)


MY DATE:) He is so handsome!

This is a large heart of sweetheart boxes with my students' pictures inside

Garrett Loyd
Sweetheart Dance 2012

Another picture:)

Mommy and her date

We were early since I had to help with some last minute things,  so Bub was the first child there

A close-up of his sweetheart box

People are starting to get there............Bub was "getting nervous". 

Dancing with my LOVE

SO HAPPY:)

A rose and memory from our Sweetheart Dance 2012

No comments: