Grant has been sucking his thumb for almost two months now. I thought maybe this thumb sucking stage would pass, but it has not. If Grant is fussy, sucking his thumb calms him down. He took a binky for a bit and still will from time to time, but really just prefers his fat thumbs! I do think there are pros and cons to thumb sucking. However, Grant is 5 months old and well, he likes his thumb....so then...so be it!! We can't very well take it away from him(kind of like his big brother and his belly button). And, I can't lie, sometimes it is nice that Grant has a quick way to soothe himself when he is upset. So far, this sucking the thumb thing tends to only be used for calming himself down or putting himself to sleep....and not an "all the time" thing. Hopefully it stays that way! Sometimes he really gnaws/chews at that thumb. Almost as if he could be teething?!?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment