Tuesday, March 9, 2010

GRANT UPDATE

Grant has changed so much lately. He is growing so quickly in many different ways. Perhaps his weight may be the most obvious; it seems to change quite regularly:) His personality continues to develop and I can't ask for a sweeter baby. He is constantly babbling and making lots of noises. His laugh is the best noise in the world and we can really get him cracking up!
Grant enjoys his excersaucer for short periods of time. I have to be honest and say he does not get near the "tummy" time like Garrett did...and Garrett may just be the reason why... Ha...Bub sometimes has a hard time "leaving the baby alone". So, for Grant's safety, I can't leave him on the floor for too long. However, Grant has really taken a liking to watching his big brother play and move about. Through the day, Garrett often comes to Grant to check on him, try to make him laugh, or wake him up if he fell asleep! Grant is a very strong baby and his thighs just may be bigger than Garrett's are right now! Grant is still breastfeeding, but also getting about one bottle of formula a day. He is hard to keep up with:) He has had all the vegetables and is starting fruits! Grant is not picky:) He is our Chunky Monkey....also now known as our Porker Poo! But, we love him JUST the way he is!
Grant's appearance has changed some because he is starting to get more hair. Our already 5 1/2 month old seems to be a crowd favorite for so many reasons. I wanted to post his measurements from month 1 to month 5. I was much better about doing this for Garrett the minute we returned from the doctor. Speaking of doctors, I took Grant in again last week because I noticed drainage in his ear......yes, another ear infection. That makes two in 5 months.......at least he is NOT allergic to Amoxicillin! Now for the measurements.....and, yes, he is in the 90%!!!
birth - 8lbs 8oz 20inches
1 month - 10lbs 110z - 22 3/4 inches
2 months - 13lbs 2oz - 23 1/2 inches
3 months - 15 lbs
4 months - 16lbs 2 oz - 25 3/4 inches
5 months - 17 lbs 13 oz
Okay, so the pictures below got a little out of hand! My intentions were to post some milestone type pictures that I had not posted yet and maybe choose one(or two) from each month! Well, I obviously got carried away with month 3 and 4....oops!
Precious, precious boy! just over 2 months
Love the camo! 2 1/2 months
Big boy seat:) 3 months
SO COMFY....3 months
Baptism - 3 months
Grant's 1st snow - just over 3 months
Checking out something interesting on TV..probably the Backyardigans!....3 1/2 months
Love this! Garrett often crossed his legs the same way!
Big boy in the bumbo chair - almost 4 months
Sporting the penguin outfit(penguins are his collection animal chosen by Papa DeWeese) 4 months
First time for veggies...carrots:) 4 months
4 months - cuter than ever:)
All clean - 4 months
Asleep outside on the warm day when there was still snow on the ground
4 months old
Enjoying his excersaucer! He has been in this many times by now, but he actually plays with the toys:)
(~4 1/2 months old)
First time in a "real" high chair
(4 1/2 months old)
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
(4 1/2 months old)

4 comments:

Chassity said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chassity said...

Grant is absolutely adorable!!! My how fast they grow!

Kacie said...

Oh, how I just love Porky!! Watching his little personality develop is just too funny!! :)

Jenny said...

Man I miss these two :( Can't wait to be home for TWO WEEKENDS IN A ROW!! We will need to schedule lots of catch up time :) Love and miss you all!