I teach preschool everyday from 8:30-11:30. I do miss my boys during this time, but I am happy to be using my degree and making some money to help provide for our family. We are SO SO SO blessed that Memaw DeWeese and Granddad Hamilton watch the boys while I am at work. They are truly wonderful and I feel so content knowing my boys are in great, loving hands while I am away. There was a week not too long back that my teacher assistant was out of town, so my mom, Rita(aka Memaw) helped me out at school. By the way, she would make a wonderful assistant....she has just a little experience with children!(wink)
Well, this same week, Garrett also got to go to school with us. He is still quite a bit younger than the children in my class and I was a little worried on how he would do considering both his Mommy and Memaw were there. Ha....he did GREAT! He went right up to other children and interacted, he played with the toys, he answered questions, participated with prayers, counted, said nursery rhymes, he wasn't clingy to me or Memaw, and it did not seem to bother him at all when the other children would hug on me or sit on my lap. I was very proud of him....so happy with his overall behavior, involvement, manners, and participation. I guess I can be a softy at times, but it did bring tears to my eyes to watch him that first day.....my baby boy is growing up so fast. I can't believe he will be preschool this fall. I will have to say, he is ready. I know I have said this many times, but Garrett's ability to retain is amazing. He knows his prayers, shapes, colors, ABC's, can rote count and count objects correspondingly, can identify letters(both lower and upper case and can match them together), knows all his letter sounds, directional words, some opposites, some patterns, nursery rhymes, is able to write a couple of letters, can draw himself and family, etc., and we are working on the coloring in the lines thing(just not real interested in this). Now all he needs is some friends to interact, grow, pray, and learn with!
I, of course, captured some pictures from the three days Garrett spent with us at school. He told me that he loves going to Mommy's school! Soon it will be his school too:)
 |
| Playing with the letters....he was trying to put them in order....notice the AB on the table |
 |
| Circle time |
 |
| Snack time |
 |
| Running in the gym....it was too cold outside |
 |
Garrett and the other children are teeth....the Tooth Fairy is flossing them:)
BUB got to be there when the Tooth Fairy visited! |
 |
| Table activity |
 |
Playing outside with chalk....we got to go outside, but not on the playground(it was still too muddy)
This was a typical afternoon after he came with me to school. He was tired. This is my boy who hasn't really ever been much of a nap taker, but those early and busy mornings really wore him out! But he did really enjoy himself.....LOVE HIM:)
|
1 comment:
I wish Maggie could go to your pre-school!! I can't believe they are almost ready for "school"!
Post a Comment