Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Grant's First Birthday Party

We celebrated Grant's first birthday with family and friends in late September and the weather was beautiful. Grant seemed to enjoy himself all day, and that is all that really matters!
I know I have said this many times before, but this past year has truly flown by. I remember so well Grant and Mommy's late late nights, all nighters, and super early mornings together filled with tears, breastfeeding, belly aches, and exhaustion! However, I wouldn't change it for the world and I am sure this sounds crazy, but sometimes I miss it. One of my aunts told me that when things got "tough"(just like I felt things were the first 3 months of Grant's life) to just remind myself that this is only a stage, the stage will not last forever, and you will miss it when it is done. Boy, is that the truth! I have and will always live by those words! Thanks Mimi:) I still have to remind myself of this with both the boys from time to time.
My little man is working on walking, playing with hot wheels, using a straw cup all the time now, and already growing out of 12 month clothes. Where does the time go? The year did go by quickly, but we are grateful for all the blessings in included, especially our New ONE YEAR OLD, Grant Jacob.

The pictures below are from Grant's birthday party. Please excuse that the photos are in a backward order.





This was Grant's favorite gift...ha:)
It's a long sleeve T-shirt!

"Opening Gifts"

Thanks for your help, Cousin Krista


~BROTHERS~
Garrett did very well with it being Grant's b-day. He is only two and helped bring the gifts to Grant!
What a great BIG BRO

Trying to find where Daddy's phone is...we were playing music and he was eating and dancing....two of his favorite things to do:)

THE BIRTHDAY BOY

Grant finished every last crumb!

Checking out what is going on around him, but not missing a bite!

YUM YUM

Grant LOVED his cake

Dig in Chunky Monkey:)

OUR FAMILY
(Why is Mommy the only one looking?....probably because the three boys are playing!)

Birthday Boy with Mommy and Daddy

Where is my cake?

Grant and his buddy, Max

The Birthday Table

Grant's 1st birthday Cake
*Collage of Grant's Firsts*

No comments: