Wednesday, November 19, 2008

11 MONTHS

Garrett is 11 months old today! I can't believe it is only 1 month until he has been in our lives for 1 year! Garrett has officially brought millions of smiles to my face in the last 11 months. We close on our new house tomorrow, so there will soon be lots of changes for Garrett. We will be happy to have our own place, but will miss staying at Grandma and Grandpa DeWeese's house too! It will be quite a change for all of us.
As I always say, Garrett continues to amaze us. He is constantly growing, changing, and learning. He has a number of new tricks up his sleeve and he sure is cute when he "shows off" those tricks! His favorite thing to do is dance; he has got some serious rhythm too:) The best is his one leg shake when Billy Jean by Micheal Jackson is playing. Billy Jean and GOODTIME by Alan Jackson are two of his favorites! Garrett is also doing this new thing where he (fake) laughs really hard and puts his hand over his mouth. ( I am trying to get a picture or video of this.....and will post it when I get it!!) It is hilarious.
Garrett has 7 teeth and continues to love everything in the room but his toys! Tables, pictures, cords, the paper, outlets, door stoppers, laptops, etc. all seem to really interest him. He has taken two steps to date, but otherwise doesn't seem to interested in walking unless he is holding on to something or someone. Garrett loves big people food and is doing great eating new things!
Garrett has officially had his first ear infection. He was acting out of sorts and not sleeping at night for 2 -3 consecutive nights. He is still on an antibiotic now and hopefully the ear will be all better when we have it checked out again next week.
Below are some pictures of our 11 month old big boy! I included two more collages I have made. One from the pumpkin patch for a Fall collage(~9 months) and one from our trip to IU(~10 months). ENJOY.........

OUR FAMILY

....that smile leads me to believe he must be up to something Pumpkin Patch Collage IU Collage Walking with Mommy at the park Playing in the leaves and, of course, his feet are crossed Sleeping Angel:)
Big boy on the slide(down all by himself)
*What a ham*

6 comments:

Tina said...

NICE NERD SMILE BUB! TOO CUTE!

Unknown said...

OMG, DeWeese, it really does seem like just yesterday we were driving down to Louisville to meet the little guy. Love the slide pic, he looks a bit unsure/scared of what's going on there. Too cute.

Anonymous said...

I hope you know how much joy this site has brought to so many people. Everytime I get online, I have to check to see if there has been an update. You have a very precious little boy, and a big THANK YOU for taking the time to share him with all of us.
Love,
Mimi

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy looking at Garrett's
pictures, I am also glad you keep this updated.

Kacie said...

So I can't help but laugh every time I look at the picture of his fake smile...Mr. Personality!

I am looking forward to hearing that fake laugh & teaching some new "tricks" when I'm home all next week! HA! Miss you bunches Bubby! Can't wait to spend lots of time w/ you over my break! See you soon! Love you! :)

The Knight Family said...

It's hard to believe it's almost been a year already! Time flies, doesn't it?! Congrats on the house by the way!!!! That will be exciting! We'll have to visit once you guys get settled :)