Tuesday, September 23, 2008

9 MONTHS OLD

Well, our big boy is 9 months old. Garrett had his doctor appointment last week and his weight is 20 lbs 14 ounces(60-65%) and his height is 29 1/2 inches(75%). He did get more shots, one of them including part of his flu immunization. We do not want that nasty flu this season.
Garrett is doing all kinds of new things! He is holding his own bottle(he has been doing this for quite some time now),crawling like a pro(sometimes into the bottom of his excersaucer), pulling up on anything he can get his hands on, walking behind a "walking toy", feeding himself finger foods, drinking from a sippy cup, "reading" books, eating table food(along with the baby food and formula), playing patty cake on demand, playing peek-a-boo on demand, and his newest trick is sign languaging "more" when he wants more food - which is often:) - he is still mastering the sign language. However, my favorite new thing is that he dances when he hears music. He is a little mocker and pretty darn funny! Garrett babbles nonstop. I honestly believe he is trying to tell me something. He continues to say "dada" and "mama" pretty regularly.

Reading books!

Walking behind his "walking toy"

A little puff snack while watching Cousin Krista's softball game

A few weekends ago, Garrett went to his first wedding. My second cousin, Mandy got married. Garrett was a very good boy at the ceremony(thank goodness this one wasn't a catholic wedding:) And, of course, he was a hit at the reception. Everyone wanted him for their dancing partner. And, like I mentioned before, he loves to dance!(However, he did take a small nap break too!) Dancing with Aunt Brittany - it was so much fun(and hilarious)!

Dancing with Aunt Kacie(we lost the sandels early in the night - they are too tight)

A nap with Great Aunt Karla

Posing with Mommy and Daddy

3 comments:

Kacie said...

I don't think I'll ever find a better dance partner!! First Crawling, then Dancing, and next to come...WALKING!! He'll definitely be all over the place then! I can't wait! Miss you all!

Tina said...

Bubby, you are a party animal! you are so handsome all dressed up. I love to watch you grow & explore the world!

Jenny said...

Oh my little boyfriend looks soo handsome and adorable in all these new pics!! I haven't had a chance to do so yet, but I have been meaning to thank your Mommy for the pics of you in your froggy robe! They are the cutest ever and are (along w/ about 10 other photos) hanging in my office at work :)

P.S. Tell your Mommy she looks GOOD in the pic at the bottom w/ Daddy :) Those baby lbs are definitely gone and then some!